Brazil South America

Backpacking in Brazil: 48 hours in Porto Alegre

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

Sheena
    2. June 2017 at 3:01 am

I have had this in my bucket list for Tooo long and your post is making me really wanna go. I cannot wait to try the FOOD especially ????
    Thanks for sharing!

Sina Meyer
      12. June 2017 at 9:45 am

I know what you mean 🙂 I wanted to travel to Brazil for such a long time, and last year it became reality! The food is amazing, hope you’re able to try it soon!

Becca Talbot
    1. June 2017 at 6:37 pm

Brazil is one country I’d love to visit, but as it’s so far away from the UK, I’d have to take a serious amount of time off work to be able to go and do it properly. This post has given me a taster though, so maybe one day soon! X

Sina Meyer
      12. June 2017 at 9:48 am

Yes, you should definitely bring 3-4 weeks to make the most of your time in Brazil. It’s such a diverse country, so it’s best to stay there for a while. Hope you get a chance to go one day! x

Shaun
    1. June 2017 at 6:34 am

Oh man! This made me miss the food in Brazil. Great read!

Sina Meyer
      1. June 2017 at 12:28 pm

The food is amazing, isn’t it?! Thanks for reading 🙂

Karyna @ Kosan Travel
    1. June 2017 at 3:15 am

What an amazing trip! I’d love to go to Brazil one day. It seems like there is so much to see!

Sina Meyer
      1. June 2017 at 12:31 pm

We’ve only seen a tiny part of Brazil and loved it. It’s such a beautiful and diverse country with very friendly people. Hope you can visit one day 🙂

Megan
    31. May 2017 at 9:36 pm

With all the travel we’ve done, we’ve never been to South America, at all. I think that has to change. I’m seeing more and more tantalizing posts like this, showing the rich culture, and how much different cities have to offer. We’ll definitely have to start looking!

Claire
    31. May 2017 at 9:15 pm

I haven’t been to Brazil but your pictures are making me want to go. Must admit though, I’ve never even heard of Porto Alegre!

Sina Meyer
      1. June 2017 at 12:27 pm

Porto Alegre is one of the less known cities, but it’s the perfect stop if you’re heading south to Uruguay. Brazil is extremely beautiful, hope you get the chance to visit one day!

Justine
    31. May 2017 at 8:47 pm

30 pounds per night for a hostel is not bad especially since it’s a double room! I would most definitely enjoy and spend hours looking at trinkets at those mini-stores on the sidewalk <3

Sina Meyer
      1. June 2017 at 12:24 pm

Yes, such a great value for money! The market was very nice, we had a look around for quite a bit before we continued with sightseeing. Happy travels!

Medha Verma
    31. May 2017 at 5:31 pm

This is an interesting read. Would you say Porto Alegre is one of the top 10 cities to visit? I’m trying to make a good itinerary for Brazil, for 10 days. Not sure the top places to cover.

Sina Meyer
      1. June 2017 at 12:20 pm

I really liked Porto Alegre, but if you’re in Brazil for only 10 days and not heading south to Uruguay, I would skip it. I highly recommend Rio de Janeiro, Florianopolis and the Iguazu Falls. Buzios is also supposed to be nice if you like to spend some time at the beach (plus it’s close to Rio). If you need any help with planning your trip, let me know 🙂